Boost your design library while enjoying the show.
If you are as obsessed with books as we are at Dwell, you’ll want to save some time to visit the Dwell Bookstore by Skylight Books, located near the Sustainable Design Stage on the outer edge of the Design Materials zone. Our readers’ haven will include the latest books on architecture, design, sustainability, and more for attendees to pore over. Of the authors coming to speak at Dwell on Design, many will head to the Dwell Bookstore after their panels, Q&As, and talks onstage for book signings throughout the weekend. Following his Friday presentation on landscaping iconic mid-century houses, Monterey, California–based landscape architect Bernard Trainor will be signing Landprints: The Landscape Designs of Bernard Trainor, previewed in the April issue of Dwell. Lighting designer David Trubridge will autograph So Far, and Dwell contributing writer Zahid Sardar will sign West Coast Modern: Architecture, Interiors & Design following his Saturday panel, which will include those featured in the book.
Friday, June 21st:
- 1:00pm: Bernard Trainor, Landprints: The Garden Designs of Bernard Trainor
- 4:00pm: Kerrie Kelly, Home Decor: A Sunset Design Guide
- 4:30pm: David Trubridge, So Far: A Design Journey
Saturday, June 22nd:
- 1:00pm: Zahid Sardar, West Cost Modern
- 2:30pm: Christopher Mount, A New Sculpturalism
- 2:30pm: Christopher Alexander, Overdrive catalog
- 3:00pm: Michael A. Thomas, Residential Design For Aging In Place
- 4:30pm: William Hefner, California Homes
- 4:30pm: Ed Begley, Jr. Guide to Sustainable Living
Sunday, June 23rd:
- 1:00pm: Peter Nelson, New Treehouses of the World
- 3:00pm: Eames Demetrios, An Eames Primer; Eames: Beautiful Details